The purpose of the Support Engineer position is very simple: do everything you can to help resolve the user’s issue. This involves taking often challenging technical issues from the customer via phone or email and doing everything that is necessary to resolve the issue quickly and professionally. You will be expected to handle all Level 1-3 issues and your day will have a mix of all kinds of different support requests. This position works with users to determine and resolve their issues with the CK-12 FlexBook System. This position focuses on utilizing exceptional customer service skills along with technical skills and expertise to resolve application issues.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
This position interacts with customers, partners and internal staff. The role requires coordination and support between CK-12′s end users, internal staff, and external partners to ensure satisfactory resolution of issues. This position is responsible for resolving issues that may involve short turnaround times and challenging customer interactions. Support Engineers must be able to maintain a professional attitude and composure throughout all situations. Requires written documentation of customer communications in a support ticketing system.
Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) from four-year college or university, or equivalent combination of education and experience. One to two years related technical support experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Proven ability to excel in highly dynamic environments required. Prior customer support experience highly desirable.
All Support Engineers require:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A customer oriented mindset to be the advocate for each and every user
- A natural love for technology that is reflected in your professional and personal life
- A methodical mindset towards troubleshooting issues
- Basic programming fundamentals to assist in debugging
- Knowledge about web applications, standard web user behaviors and interactions,
An ideal candidate also has expertise in:
- Shell scripting with Bash, Python, or other scripting language
- Windows Desktop support
- Linux and the LAMP Stack
- Experience with Request Tracker or other support ticketing system
- Programming proficiency in Python, Java, or other OO oriented language.