- All applicants: passion, commitment, strong work ethic, research skills, proactive, precise attention to detail, ability to work with minimal supervision based on a provided project description.
- Basic software experience: Wiki, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Google docs.
- Advanced software experience: Adobe Flash to create animations; Proficiency creating high-resolution figures using Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, or similar art program.
- Unique learning experience at an organization committed to 21st Century education; resume builder; see your name credited in our digital FlexBooks; get community service hours; exciting, innovative, and inviting team environment; snacks available!
- Students must commit to at least 8 weeks, working either mornings and/or afternoons on Monday through Friday in our offices or virtually (subject to discussion).
- In your cover letter, please provide a critique of CK-12’s site (www.ck12.org) and tell us what new features would make it more compelling for the student. Put yourself in the shoes of a student looking to access, learn, and benefit from the use of the site.
Please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “Summer Graduate Intern Program” in the subject line. Please also submit one teacher recommendation letter to either firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to Gary Clarke, CK-12 Foundation, 3430 Bayshore Road, Suite 101, Palo Alto, CA 94303, USA.
Work with Book Manager to develop problem banks for CK-12’s Math/Science Concepts. As part of this project, you will develop problem-sets and worksheets that include fully worked out solutions and are closely tied to concepts relating to middle and high school math and science courses of study.APPLYING METADATA
To help improve CK-12’s site search and browse capability, you will provide accurate content descriptions and keywords for thousands of our concept artifacts.
RESEARCH AND COLLECT EDUCATIONAL RESOURCES
Work with Book Manager to research and vet educational artifacts across the Web that will enrich CK-12’s Math/Science Concepts. As part of this project, you will focus on identifying embeddable resources / ancillaries for CK-12’s Math/Science Concepts.
Help create multimedia objects, such as animations, and other enrichment activities for selected CK-12’s Math/Science Concepts. Adobe Flash, HTML5, or AJAX experience a plus!
Work with Book Manager to review selected projects for accuracy and quality. As part of this project, you will focus on concepts relating to middle and high school math and science courses of study.
CONCEPT MAPPING PROJECT
Work with Book Manager and Curriculum Alignment to create descriptive Subject Area Maps of CK-12’s Math/Science Concepts and the larger superset of S.T.E.M. topics, nodes, and relationships among them, in ultimate support of content organization, user interface, and links to curriculum standards.