The Community Manager is part of the Marketing team at CK-12. You own the relationships between CK-12 and its vibrant community of student, teachers and parents. You are the expert on building dynamic, high quality online and real-world communities and user engagement. You nurture the community and interact with our users through forums, conferences or wherever they are! You cultivate relationships with some of our most active users of products like Flexbooks, Flexmath and StudyHelp (facebook application) You are in tune with the community climate and can influence key external stakeholders to make critical product or process changes. You are well-versed in social media and online community trends, technology and strategies, and are comfortable acting in the public sphere.
- Represent CK-12 by actively driving, growing and managing community, building healthy relationships with community power users and influencers, and engaging directly with users, online and offline.
- Evangelize our products and educate our users via forums, blogs, social media, events, webinars and other external communications channels.
- Use qualitative feedback to identify key trends and insights in user needs and communicate them. Champion recommendations for product or process changes.
- Lead new innovations in community programs, including process improvements, best practice sharing and measuring and driving community health metrics.
- Develop, own and execute community strategy for key products
- BA/BS degree (In lieu of degree, 4 years relevant work experience).
- 2 years of experience in technology-related public relations or marketing, and/or leading an online community. Community management experience in the education space is a big plus
- Demonstrated ability to be a self-starter and independent thinker.
- Ability to work effectively cross-functionally with proven track record of driving results.
- Proven good judgment in navigating and resolving sensitive situations.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and proven ability to work effectively, cross-functionally.
- Ability to translate complex ideas into simple and intuitive communications and instructions.
If you wish to apply for this position, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Community Manager” in the subject line. Principals only, no recruiters. US Citizens and Permanent Residents only.