We have a unique opportunity for an experienced English-language copywriter to join us, as a contractor. This candidate must have a proven track record in concept and copy development (experience in K-12 education industry a plus), and have a knack for crafting English language content that move the audience. You’re expected to work well, independently and also with a team. Your ability to juggle assignments and meet deadlines are essential for the on-going production of digital, print and collateral materials.
You will work with cross-functional teams including designers, product-marketing managers, and campaign managers to create compelling content that addresses K-12 education industry audiences
To apply for this position, please send resume, cover letter, English writing sample or portfolio, and include “Copywriter” on the email subject line. Please email to email@example.com
Desired Skills and Experience
- 5 + years English copywriting experience preferably in the education industry with content to move teachers, schools and students to take action
- Write copy that is on-brand with a consistent style, quality and tone of voice optimized for search and user experience across online, offline, social and video channels.
- Generate high-impact educational content for thought leadership to extend reach and brand awareness
- Create integrated marketing content that supports marketing strategy for marketing initiatives and industry trends across a wide variety of sales, marketing and advertising assets
- Proven ability to think conceptually and develop compelling headlines and copy
- Ability to work well independently, confidently, and as a team player
- Must be Problem Solver, Proactive and resourceful
- Ability to organize, prioritize multiple projects
- Excellent verbal communication skills; ability to speak effectively and present to clients
- Attention to detail required
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Marketing/Advertising/Communications or related discipline
- Must be willing to provide writing samples or projects
- Must be a U.S. citizen or already authorized to work in the U.S.
CK-12 Foundation is a non-profit organization dedicated to increasing access to high quality education materials for K-12 students all over the world.
As a leading member of the OER community, CK-12 is using the FlexBook Platform, an integrated set of tools for learning, to pioneer the generation and distribution of high quality educational STEM content.
-Multi-modality learning (read text, interactive learning objects, videos, exercises, lectures, etc.) at the concept-level designed for comprehensive student learning
-Flexible platform that helps teachers to design & distribute relevant learning material