Quick Guide to Doing a Pilot
All of CK-12 Foundation’s resources (FlexBook System, FlexMath, INeedAPencil, BrainGenie, and studyHELP) are free and open for use by everyone, anywhere. We do, however, invite our administrator and teacher users to initiate a more formal exploration of our offerings in the form of a pilot. Below is a quick guide to doing so with questions to consider. The actual implementation will be a joint effort by the school and CK-12 (firstname.lastname@example.org)
CK-12 Pilot – the systematic implementation of CK-12 resources as part of an official exploration to fully incorporate the content and services into a school or class curriculum with structured feedback and data being provided to CK-12 for improving our future development
OVERALL PILOT DEFINITION
- How many schools, students and teachers will be involved in the pilot?
- What subjects will be explored (e.g. Physics, Algebra)?
- What are the content needs (e.g. standards-alignment, lesson plans)?
- What CK-12 offering best meets your needs (e.g. FlexMath for Algebra I)?
- What are the technology needs for presenting content to students (e.g. projector, laptops, tablets, print)?
- What is the pilot duration?
TACTICS FOR IMPLEMENTATION
- Select a project manager to oversee and define roles and to coordinate across schools and teachers
- Establish a main point of contact for corresponding with CK-12
- Assign roles for customizing CK-12 content for your school and compiling and uploading finalized materials
- Have editors and reviewers view online training materials and attend webinar(s) to familiarize themselves with the CK-12 platform
- Set up accounts at www.ck12.org
- Create a timeline for editing content and coordinate editing collaboration
- Set up training schedule (online and/or onsite) with CK-12 for your school / district
Weekly/monthly check-in meetings to ensure progress with pilot
PILOT RESULTS & NEXT STEPS
- What are the expected results of control group versus test group (e.g. increased student performance, expected savings)?
OFFICIAL ADOPTION OF CK-12
- Outline best practices for integrating CK-12 into curriculum