Location: Palo Alto Core Responsibilities:
- Hands on Windows & Linux Administration in a medium size LAN environment.
- Monitoring and managing equipments and services in LAN environment like routers, switches, proxy, firewalls, storage units etc.
- Provide Level 1 & Level 2 support to end users using trouble ticketing system.
- Asset tracking and inventory of LAN infrastructure.
- Managing wireless network infrastructure.
- Setup and maintain small/medium size research LAB’s infrastructure consisting of heterogeneous network aimed at compatibility testing.
- Provide technical support on core Linux networking services such as NFS/Network/Package Management etc.
- Manage routine tasks like server/service health checkup, backup etc in cloud infrastructure.
- An undergraduate or graduate degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field.
- Good written communication skills.
- Basic understanding of Network and System services.
- Basic working knowledge of any one Linux flavor (commands/shell scripting, installing packages etc.)
- Strong conceptual understanding TCP/IP stack, OSI layers and associated protocols.
Good to have:
- Certifications: MCSE/MCSA/CCNA/RHCE etc.
- Exposed to virtualization technologies like VMware/Xen/VirtualBox.
- Exposed to monitoring and backup/restore tools like nagios, veritas etc.
- Hands on experience in configuring web, application & database servers like apache, tomcat, mysql etc.
- Familiarity and experience with open source applications and development environment is a plus.
If you wish to apply for this position, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Operations Engineer” in the subject line. Principals only, no recruiters. US Citizens and Permanent Residents only.