We at CK-12 are challenging traditional model of Education. There has never been more exciting time to be in Education. Digital transformation has opened up unique opportunities to disrupt education for the benefit of students, teachers and parents.
- Everyone should have free, anytime, anywhere access to high quality education materials and educational platforms.
- Education should be personalized to each student – not one size fits all.
If this mission challenges you, if you want to revolutionize the way teachers teach and students learn, want to serve the next generation by providing them free access to highest quality learning experiences, anytime, anywhere and want to challenge the status quo, join us!
Working at CK-12 is fun and challenging. We are reimagining our cloud-based platforms with mobile-first strategy, providing easy to use, intuitive and simple interfaces to millions of users powered by innovative web scale based architectures that are highly available.
- Architect, design, implement and support end-to-end integrated next generation K-12 learning platforms. This includes content management systems, learning management systems, assessment system, adaptive learning environments, etc.
- Constantly innovate by leveraging changing consumer habits, market dynamics, technology innovations and creative imagination.
- Build systems that are highly scalable, available and cost efficient.
- Lead entire software platform / modules working with geographically distributed teams.
- Work with end users, educational institutions and partners to understand their needs and pain points.
- Evaluate and select emerging open standards and components to complement widely adopted infrastructure products
- Masters in Computer Science or equivalent and strong experience implementing large-scale web system & server products
- Sound understanding of computer science fundamentals, data structures, Linux/Unix based operating systems and RDBMS. Sound understanding of No SQL databases is a big plus.
- Demonstrated technical leadership and experience mentoring several geographically distributed developers
- Experience architecting modular server side components, including REST based APIs with excellent understanding of component abstraction.
- Understanding of security, entitlement and transactional issues for web services, and web-based applications.
- Experience with Python, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Familiarity with at least one NoSQL Database like MongoDB, CouchDB, or Cassandra.
- Previous experience in leading successfully deployed web scale systems.
- Experience and good knowledge of open source platforms, software and tools.
If interested, please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com with subject line “Senior Developer”.