Location: Palo Alto
- Conceptualize, design, prototype, implement and support highly usable end user interfaces meant for K-12 teachers and students
- Support public school systems, teachers and students to successfully author, collaborate and publish text books
- Work closely with teachers, researchers and students to define the interfaces required for authoring and publishing environment
- Evaluate and select emerging UI Technologies (Flash/ShockWave/AdobeAir, AJAX , XHTML, CSS, etc.) to complement widely adopted infrastructure products
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent and strong experience designing websites and user interfaces
- Intermediate to advanced skills in HTML/Flash/XHTML/AJAX/CSS
- Experience in prototyping new designs, evaluating, critiquing and improving existing design interfaces
- Understanding of usability, scalability and infrastructure issues for web sites and web-based applications
- Experience/Knowledge in XML, W3C standards, and Content Repository systems like MediaWiki, Zope etc.
- Basic knowledge of PHP and MySQL
- Experience with open source systems such as Linux, Apache, MySQL/PgSQL or any other RDBMS highly desired.
- Previous experience in designing a successfully deployed production quality web systems
- Ability to author design proposals and experience in usability standards
If interested, please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “UI Engineer”.