Areas of responsibility:
- Lead efforts to define detailed user interface requirements (business, functional, and end-user) for CK-12 next generation educational and learning tools.
- Drive creation of conceptual models, user requirements, and usability objectives aligned with user centered design goals and tasks.
- Produce designs to ensure user interface requirements are captured.
- Develop UI prototypes for usability testing.
- Conduct IA/UI/UE design reviews.
- Work with a cross functional team on every stage of design and development from concept to completion.
Education: Degree/Major: BA/MA, BS/MS
Experience: 5+ years of software UI design experience with related usability knowledge.
- Be Creative, Innovative, and experimental
- User-Centered Design – Create solutions from observations to sketches to wireframes to interactive prototypes.
- Information Architecture/User Interface/Experience Design – Author conceptual models, interaction flow diagrams, navigational maps, wireframes, and mockups.
- Usability Testing – Support testing of the interaction designs and prototypes; analyze the results to incorporate field data into iterations.
- Proven effectiveness working within cross-functional team including user researcher and visual designer.
- Commitment to product quality and the building an exception end-user experience.
All candidates must send an online portfolio or work samples. This is a fulltime position.