Feel free to modify and personalize this study guide by clicking “Customize.”
Complete the table.
There are multiple forms a number can take. These five bullets all represent the same number:
- complex number:
- rectangular point
- polar point:
1) Plot the complex number
- a) What is needed in order to plot this point on the polar plane?
- b) How could the r-value be determined?
- c) What is the r for this point?
- d) How could be determined?
- e) What is for this point?
- f) What would look like on the polar plane?
2) What quadrant does occur in when graphed?
3) What are the coordinates of z = -3 + 2i in polar form and trigonometric form?
4) What would be the polar coordinates of the point graphed below?
Change to polar form
- For the complex number in standard form find: a) Polar Form b) Trigonometric Form (Hint: Recall that and )