Why It Matters
When Audrey uttered (and sang) the words "Feed Me!" in the film Little Shop of Horrors it made people laugh and smile, but carnivorous plants are no laughing matter...at least to insects.
This video shows carnivorous plants and the systems they use for capturing insects and prey.
- Use the link below to answer the questions that follow.
- In what kind of habitats are carnivorous plants found?
- How have serpentine soils contributed to plant species diversity in New Zealand?
- What is the most common way cpDNA (chloroplastic DNA) is inherited between generations? Why is this useful in speciation studies?
- How does the feeding technique of carnivorous plants compare to carnivorous sponges?
- What conditions are believed to have led to carnivory in plants?
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYGwgzehf6c Youtube by equilibriofilms