Hiding In Plain Sight
Why It Matters
Where Did That Go?
Being not seen is a useful trait in a world of predators and prey. But how do you hide in a world without bounds? Find out here how some organisms have met this challenge in the mid-water of the worlds oceans.
Use the below resources to answer the following questions
- How is the mid-water defined?
- What colors are used for camouflage in the mid-water?
- Why are these specific colors used?
- Why do some animals use red “searchlights”? Do these searchlights benefit organisms other than the fish with the flashlight?
- What problems to internal organs pose for transparent organisms?
- What are nekton?
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXRaaHxshWg Youtube by MBARI