A Dome With A View
courtesy of MBARI
Why It Matters
No Way That's Real!
Find out more information here: http://www.mbari.org/news/news_releases/2009/barreleye/barreleye.html
If you need help scratching a mental itch, use the resources below:
- What are the two dark spots which occur above the barreleye's mouth?
- What are the believed prey of barreleyes and how do these prey relate to their "transparent dome" adaptation?
- Why is it important for barreleyes to be able to rotate their eyes?
- Does the barrel eye gain any advantages by having large numbers of cones and the visual pigment rhodopsin in their eyes?
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RM9o4VnfHJU&feature=plcp Youtube by MBARI