No Time For The Summertime Blues
Living For The Summer
Many students live for the summer, no school, warm weather and big fun. But other organisms look forward to the summer for slightly different reasons. For "cold-blooded" organisms, the summer warmth means more than fun, it means life. The warmth may not mean as much to "cold-blooded" animals in the tropics, but as you move away from the tropics into higher latitudes that warmth becomes vital and the "cold-blooded" animals fewer. Go here to watch a far north "cold-blooded" animal.
Go here to see some hibernating lizards
Go here to find out about Zootoca vivipara's habits in France.
use the resources below to answer the following questions
- How can you tell a male Zootaca vivipara from a female?
- What does oviparous mean?
- What is the geographical range of Zootaca vivipara?
- Why do you think they occur at higher altitudes at the southern end of their geographical range?
- How do you think the number of days a year they are active varies throughout their geographical range?
martinkv81 Youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fjsl64yrmoM
smorkaka Youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yk3dZgcGgSU&feature=related
breakingnews11 Yoiutube ttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EFUxzGqQE0&feature=related
AstrogeoJay Youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWRzRu_sJv0&feature=related