- Write the following as an algebraic equation and determine its value. On the stock market, Global First hit a price of $255 on Wednesday. This was $59 greater than the price on Tuesday. What was the price on Tuesday?
- The oak tree is 40 feet taller than the maple. Write an expression that represents the height of the oak.
- Graph the following ordered pairs: (1, 2), (2, 3), (3, 4), (4, 5) (5, 6), (6, 7).
- Determine the domain and range of the following function:
- Is the following relation a function? Explain your answer.
- Evaluate the expression if .
- Simplify: .
- Translate into an algebraic equation and find the value of the variable. One-eighth of a pizza costs $1.09. How much was the entire pizza?
- Use the 4-step problem-solving method to determine the solution: The freshman class has 17 more girls than boys. There are 561 freshmen. How many are girls?
- Underline the math verb in this sentence: The quotient of 8 and is 48.
- Jesse packs 16 boxes per hour. Complete the table to represent this situation.
- A group of students are in a room. After 18 leave, it is found that of the original number of students remain. How many students were in the room in the beginning?
- What are the domain and range of the following relation:
- Write a function rule for the table:
- Determine if the given number is a solution to the inequality:
Texas Instruments Resources
In the CK-12 Texas Instruments Algebra I FlexBook, there are graphing calculator activities designed to supplement the objectives for some of the lessons in this chapter. See http://www.ck12.org/flexr/chapter/9611.