True or false? A horizontal asymptote has the equation y=c and represents where the denominator of the rational function is equal to zero.
- A group of SADD members want to find out about teenage drinking. They conduct face-to-face interviews, wearing their SADD club shirts. What is a potential bias? How can this be modified to provide accurate results?
- Name the four types of ways questions can be biased.
- Which is the best way to show data comparing two categories?
- Consider f(x)=−4x. State its domain, range, asymptotes, and the locations of its branches.
h varies inversly as r. When h=−2.25,r=0.125. Find h when r=12.
- Name two types of visual displays that could be used with a frequency distribution.
- Tyler conducted a survey asking the number of pets his classmates owned and received the following results: 0, 2, 1, 4, 3, 2, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 4, 3, 2, 3, 4, 3, 2, 1, 1, 1, 5, 7, 0, 1, 2, 3, 2, 1, 4, 3, 2, 1, 1, 0
- Display this data a frequency distribution chart.
- Use it to make a histogram.
- Find its five-number summary.
- Draw a box-and-whisker plot.
- Make at least two conclusions regarding Tyler’s survey.
- Find the excluded values, the domain, the range, and the asymptotes of:
Perform the indicated operation.
- Working together, Ashton and Matt can tile a floor in 25 minutes. Working alone, it would take Ashton two hours. How long would it take Matt to tile the floor alone?
- Bethany can paint the deck in twelve hours. Melissa can paint the deck in five hours. How long would it take the girls to paint the deck, working together?
- A parallel circuit has Rt=115 Ω and R2=75 Ω. Find R1.
- A series circuit has R1=13 Ω and Rt=21 Ω. Find R2.
Texas Instruments Resources
In the CK-12 Texas Instruments Algebra I FlexBook, there are graphing calculator activities designed to supplement the objectives for some of the lessons in this chapter. See http://www.ck12.org/flexr/chapter/9622.