- School lunch rose from $1.60 to $2.35. What was the percent of mark-up?
- Solve for c: 3c8=11.
- Write 6.35 as a percent.
- Write the following as a simplified ratio: 85 tomatoes to 6 plants.
- Yvonne made 12 more cupcakes than she did yesterday. She made a total of 68 cupcakes over the two days. How many cupcakes did she make the second day?
- A swing set 8 feet tall casts a 4-foot-long shadow. How long is the shadow of a lawn gnome 4 feet tall?
- Solve the proportion: vv−2=−95.
- Find the distance between Owosso and Perry if they are 16 cm on a map with a scale of 21 km : 4 cm.
- Solve for j: −134−32(34j−45)=−145.
- Solve for m: 2m(2−4)+5m(−8)=9.
- Job A pays $15 plus $2.00 per hour. Job B pays $3.75 per hour. When will the two jobs pay exactly the same?
- Solve for k: 9.0604+2.062k=0.3(2.2k+5.9).
- Solve for a: −9−a=15.
- 46 tons is 11% of what?
- 17% of what is 473 meters?
- Find the percent of change from 73 to 309.
- JoAnn wants to adjust a bread recipe by tripling its ingredients. If the recipe calls for 413 cups of pastry flour, how much should she use?
- A sweater originally marked $80.00 went on sale for $45. What was the percent of change?
Texas Instruments Resources
In the CK-12 Texas Instruments Algebra I FlexBook, there are graphing calculator activities designed to supplement the objectives for some of the lessons in this chapter. See http://www.ck12.org/flexr/chapter/9613.