- Write y=−32x+4 in standard form.
- Write an equation in slope-intercept form for a line perpendicular to y=13x+6 containing (1, 2).
- Write an equation in point-slope form for a line containing (5, 3) and (–6, 0.5).
- What is the speed of a car travelling 80 miles/hour in feet/second?
- How many kilometers are in a marathon (26.2 miles)?
- Lucas bought a 5-gallon container of paint. He plans to use 23 gallon per room.
- Write an equation to represent this situation.
- How many rooms can Lucas paint before the container is empty?
- Are these two lines parallel, perpendicular, or neither? Explain your answer by showing your work: y=3x−1 and −x+3y=6.
- The table below gives the gross public debt of the U.S. Treasury for the years 2004–2007.
YearDebt (in billions $)20047,596.120058,170.420068,680.220079,229.2
- Make a scatter plot of the data.
- Use the method of extrapolation to determine the gross public debt for 2009.
- Find a linear regression line using a graphing calculator.
- Use the equation found in (c) to determine the gross public debt for 2009.
- Which answer seems more accurate, the linear model or the extrapolation?
- What is the process used to interpolate data?
- Use the table below to answer the following questions.
Hours (h)Percentage of mineral remaining0100150225312.546.25
- Draw a scatter plot to represent the data.
- Would a linear regression line be the best way to represent the data?
- Use the method of interpolation to find the percentage of mineral remaining when h=2.75.
Texas Instruments Resources
In the CK-12 Texas Instruments Algebra I FlexBook, there are graphing calculator activities designed to supplement the objectives for some of the lessons in this chapter. See http://www.ck12.org/flexr/chapter/9615.