Always Vowels: <a>, <e>, <i>, <o>
1. Our alphabet has twenty-six letters. Some are VOWELS and some are CONSONANTS. The four letters that are always vowels are <a>, <e>, <i>, and <o>.
2. Underline the vowel letters in each word as we have done with itself and join. Don't worry about the check marks yet:
3. Now sort the words into these four groups and check them off the list as we have done with itself and join. Be careful: Most words go into more than one group:
4. When we talk about letters, we put them inside pointed brackets, like this:
5. Fill in the blanks. (Don't forget the pointed brackets!) Four letters that are always vowels are ____, ____, ____, and ____.
6. Underline each vowel letter:
7. Now sort the words into these groups and check them off the list:
8. Four letters that are always vowels are ___________, ___________, ___________, and ___________. Did you remember the pointed brackets?