1. Another way of spelling [j] is due to the same kind of palatalization that you encountered in the various spellings of [sh]. Underline the letters that spell [j] in the following words:
2. What letter always follows the <d> in these words? _____
3. Underline the letters that spell [j] in the following three words:
How does the setting in which <d> spells [j] in these three words differ from the setting in part 1 above?
4. Sort the following words into the two groups defined below:
5. You have worked with five different ways to spell [j]. Write them in the left-hand column below, and in the right-hand column write a word that contains each of the spellings: