The Consonant Sounds [m] and [n]
1. You can hear the sound [m] at the end of rum. You can hear the sound [n] at the end of run.
In the words below [m] is spelled <m> or <mm>; [n] is spelled <n>, <nn>, or <kn>. Underline the letters that spell [m] and [n]:
2. Sort the sixteen words into these two groups:
3. Now sort the words that contain [m] into these two groups:
4. Sort the words that contain [n] into these three groups:
5. Two ways to spell [m] are _______ and _______. Three ways to spell [n] are _______, _______, and _______.