The Consonant Sounds [w] and [y]
1. You can hear [w] at the beginning of wet.
You can hear [y] at the beginning of yet.
2. Underline the letters that spell [w] and [y] in these words:
3. Sort the words into these groups:
4. Sort the words with [w] into these two groups:
5. In all six of the words that contain [y], the [y] sound is spelled ________.
If you unscramble the letters in each of the words below and fit them into the boxes, you will spell five other words that all contain the sounds [w] or [y]. We have given you a start by filling in the letters that spell [w] or [y] in each of the words you are trying to spell: