Solve for the variable.
Write the following comparisons as ratios. Simplify when appropriate.
- 10 boys to 25 students
- 96 apples to 42 pears
- $600 to $900
- 45 miles to 3 hours
Write the following as a unit rate.
- $4.99 for 16 ounces of turkey burger
- 40 computers to 460 students
- 18 teachers to 98 students
- 48 minutes to 15 appointments
Solve the proportion.
- Solve for n: −6n−7=−2n+1.
- Solve for x: −95=x−7x+10.
- Solve for b: 5b12=311.
- Solve for n: −12n=52n+6.
Write the decimal as a percent.
Write each percent as a decimal.
Write each percent as a fraction.
Solve using the Percent Equation.
- 32.4 is 45% of what number?
- 58.7 is what percent of 1,000?
- What is 12% of 78?
- The original price is $44 and the mark-up is 20%. What is the new price?
- An item originally priced $240 has a 15% discount. What is the new price?
- A pair of shoes originally priced $89.99 is discounted to $74.99. What is the percent of mark-down?
- A salon’s haircut rose in price from $10 to $14. What is the percent of mark-up?
- An item costing c dollars decreased $48, resulting in a 30% mark-down. What was the original price?
- The width of a rectangle is 15 units less than its length. The perimeter of the rectangle is 98 units. What is the rectangle’s length?
- George took a cab from home to a job interview. The cab fare was $4.00 plus $0.25 per mile. His total fare was $16.75. How many miles did he travel?
- The sum of twice a number and 38 is 124. What is the number?
- The perimeter of a square parking lot is 260 yards. What are the dimensions of the parking lot?
- A restaurant charges $3.79 for 18 of a pie. At this rate, how much does the restaurant charge for the entire pie?
- A 60-watt light bulb consumes 0.06 kilowatts/hour of energy. How long was the bulb left on if it consumed 5.56 kilowatts/hour of energy?
- A 612-foot-tall car casts a 33.2-foot shadow. Next to the car is an elephant casting a 51.5-foot shadow. How tall is the elephant?
- Two cities are 87 miles apart. How far would they be on a map with a scale of 5 inches : 32 miles?