Give the location of the following ordered pairs using the graph below.
- Graph y=73x−4.
- Find the slope between –3, 5) and (–1.25, –2.25).
- Find the intercepts of 6x+9y=54.
- In 2004, the high school graduation rate in the state of New Jersey was 86.3%. In 2008, the high school graduation rate in New Jersey was 84.6%. Determine the average rate of change. Use this information to make a conclusion regarding the graduation rate in New Jersey (source: http://nces.ed.gov/pubs2010/2010341.pdf).
- Identify the slope and y−intercept of 4x+7y=28.
- Identify the slope and y−intercept of y=−35x−8.
- Graph y=9.
- Graph the line containing (3, 5) and (3, –7). What type of line have you created?
- The number of cups of milk is directly proportional to the number of quarts. If 26 quarts yields 104 cups of milk, how many cups of milk is 2.75 quarts?
- Graph the direct variation situation using the table below:
h varies directly as m when m=4,h=27. Find h when m=−5.5.
h(n)=12|6−n|+11; find h(25)
- Are these lines parallel? y=−2x+1 and y=2x−1
- Mixture A has a 2% hydrogen solution and mixture B has a 1.5% hydrogen solution. How much of mixture B needs to be added to 6 ounces of mixture A to obtain a value of 0.51?
Texas Instruments Resources
In the CK-12 Texas Instruments Algebra I FlexBook® resource, there are graphing calculator activities designed to supplement the objectives for some of the lessons in this chapter. See http://www.ck12.org/flexr/chapter/9614.