Simplify the following expressions.
Complete the following story problems.
- The intensity of a guitar amp is 0.00002. Write this in scientific notation.
- Cole loves turkey hunting. He already has two after his first day of the hunting season. If this number doubles each day, how many turkeys will Cole have after 11 days? Make a table for the geometric sequence.
- The population of a town increases by 20% each year. It first started with 89 people. What will the population be of the town after 15 years?
- A radioactive substance decays 2.5% every hour. What percent of the substance will be left after nine hours?
- After an exterminator comes to a house to exterminate cockroaches, the bugs leave the house at a rate of 16% an hour. If the house started with 100 cockroaches, how many will remain 3 hours after the arrival of the exterminator?
Texas Instruments Resources
In the CK-12 Texas Instruments Algebra I FlexBook® resource, there are graphing calculator activities designed to supplement the objectives for some of the lessons in this chapter. See http://www.ck12.org/flexr/chapter/9618.