Multiple Choice – Please circle the letter for the correct answer and then write that letter in the blank to the right of each question.
- Rational Numbers are not _______
- Whole Numbers
- Irrational Numbers
- Natural Numbers
- The answer to a division question is called the _______
- What is the LCD for the fractions 16+23+59? _______
- What is the answer to the problem 45−16? _______
- A mechanic must estimate the length of time to service a car. He estimates 0.3 hour for an oil change, 1.5 hours for a tune-up, 0.4 hour for a brake check and 1.2 hours for a wheel alignment. What is the total number of hours of his estimate? _______
- 3 hours
- 2.14 hours
- .0034 hours
- 3.4 hours
- What term is given to the value by which a number times this value is one? _______
- What is the result of evaluating (−9)×(−4)(−12)? _______
- What is the result of dividing -273.6 by 0.057? _______
- The quotient of two integers is _______
- always negative.
- always positive.
- negative if the signs of the integers are different.
- negative if the signs of the integers are the same.
- Which of the following is correct? _______
- The product of a negative integer times a positive integer will always be positive.
- The sum of two negative numbers will always be negative.
- The difference of a negative number and a positive number will always be the sign of the first number.
- The quotient of two negative numbers will always be negative.
Answers to Quiz