Multiple Choice – Please circle the letter of the correct answer and write that letter in the space provided to the left of each question.
- __________ Which of the following relations is not a function?
- __________ Find f(3) for the following function: f(x)=5x+3
- __________ What is the best reason to justify that the following circle graph is not a function?
- Any line will cut the circle at two points
- My vertical line cuts the circle at two points
- Circles don’t represent functions.
- Every y−value has two x−values.
- __________ A Cartesian plane consists of four sections called
- __________ Another name for the x−coordinate of an ordered pair that represents a plotted point on a Cartesian plane is
- the ordinate
- the intercept
- the origin
- the abscissa
- __________ What are the coordinates of the plotted point?
- __________ If f(x)=−5x+2, what is the value of ‘x’ if f(x)=−8?
- __________ Which relation is not a function?
- __________ What name is given to the point where the horizontal and vertical axes intersect on a Cartesian plane?
- __________ Where on a Cartesian plane is the x−coordinate of a point positive and the y−coordinate negative?
- Quadrant IV
- Quadrant II
- Quadrant I
- Quadrant III
Answers to Quiz I