Grade Level Biology: Grades 9-10
- Knowledge of the molecular genetic processes of replication, transcription, and translation.
- Knowledge of basic metabolic processes, including photosynthesis, chemosynthesis, respiration, and fermentation.
- Knowledge of basic cellular and non-cellular structures and functions.
- Knowledge of the basic biochemistry of the 4 major biomolecules (carbohydrates, lipids, proteins & nucleic acids).
- Knowledge of the types of reproduction and of virus infection mechanisms.
- Knowledge of ecosystems and the interdependence of organisms within ecosystems.
- Knowledge of the basic rules of Mendelian inheritance.
- Knowledge of the mechanism of evolution by natural selection.
- Knowledge of the general characteristics of the 3 domains (Archaea, Bacteria, and Eukarya) and the 6 kingdoms (Archaebacteria, Eubacteria, Protista, Fungi, Plantae, and Animalia) of life.
- Ability to utilize basic Microsoft Office software programs (Word, PowerPoint, etc.) as well as Internet search engines and resources.
- Ability to think analytically and work collaboratively.