About the Chapter
This chapter is a brief overview of esters. This includes their properties and identifying features. It covers structure, formation, and scent. Functions of esters are also reviewed. It will discuss how the controversial nature of methyl parabens and ethyl acetate's role in the wine industry. Ascorbyl palmitate, denatonium benzoate, and methyl formate are also discussed.
By the End of This Chapter, You Will Have Learned...
- The basic structure of esters
- The basic properties of esters
- The potential dangers of methyl paraben
- How ethyl acetate affects wine
- The benefits of consuming ascorbyl palmitate over Vitamin C
- How the properties of methyl formate make it useful for “quick drying” solutions