height="0" width="0" style="display:none;visibility:hidden"></iframe>
Table of Contents
1. Introduction to Reproduction - Student Edition (Human Biology)
This is an introduction to the human biology unit on reproduction.
2. Reproduction - Student Edition (Human Biology)
This chapter introduces the idea of reproduction and how it is different than sexual intercourse.
3. Sex Organs - Student Edition (Human Biology)
This chapter describes the male and female sex organs and their functions.
4. Pregnancy and Childbirth - Student Edition (Human Biology)
This chapter describes the development of a baby from fertilization to childbirth. Issues such as premature births and access to prenatal care are also discussed.
5. Becoming a Parent - Student Edition (Human Biology)
This chapter focuses on why couples want children, and how children's role in a family has changed throughout the ages. It also addresses alternative options for couples to have children, including: adoption, artificial insemination, and the use of a surrogate mother.
6. Adolescent Pregnancy - Student Edition (Human Biology)
This chapter focuses on why adolescents become pregnant, ways to prevent pregnancy, effects of teenage pregnancy, and the increased health risks involved.
7. Family Planning and Abstinence - Student Edition (Human Biology)
This chapter discusses why people decide to not have children, or use family planning. It also discusses the reasons for abstaining from sex, especially if one is an adolescent.
8. Contraception - Student Edition (Human Biology)
This chapter focuses on different forms of birth control, including: chemical methods, natural methods, and barrier methods. It also discusses the importance of knowing the risks involved in sexual behaviors and of making informed decisions.
9. Interrupting Pregnancy - Student Edition (Human Biology)
This chapter discusses ways of preventing pregnancies after fertilization. It also addresses miscarriages and abortions, as well as the arguments for and against abortion.
10. Making Decisions - Student Edition (Human Biology)
This chapter focuses on the process of making decisions. It outlines how to rationally and systematically form decisions in order to find the best solution in different situations.
11. Reproduction Glossary - Student Edition (Human Biology)
This is the glossary for the human biology unit on reproduction.
Files can only be attached to the latest version of FlexBook® textbooks
100 % of people thought this content was helpful.
Most Helpful Reviews:
January 12, 2015
December 12, 2013
<div style="position:fixed; top:0;left:0;right:0;margin:auto; z-index:9999;">
<div class="row collapsed" style="text-align:center;background-color:#FFFF99;padding:5px 5px 5px 5px; border:2px solid #999;font-size:16px;text-shadow:none;color:#000000;">