This activity is intended to supplement Calculus, Chapter 7, Lesson 2.
In this activity, you will explore:
product rule of differentiation
integration by parts
Use this document to record your answers.
3. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Explain.
4. What is the integral of the left side of the product rule?
5. What is the integral of the right side?
6. Explain the relationship between the areas shown on the graph and the following equation:
10. Use integration by parts to solve the following. If you need to use integration by parts more than once, do so. Check your result.
12. (Extension 2) Is there likely to be an integration rule based upon the quotient rule just as Integration by Parts was based upon the product rule?