Geo-Careers: Geotechnical Consultant
Roads should never be covered by a landslide – it makes them impassible! Geotechnical consultants try to prevent events like this.
Why It Matters
- Geotechnical consultants do a range of activities. They particularly assess activities that may damage people or property.
- With a geosciences background, these professionals try to understand the processes that cause hazards.
- Geotechnical consultants protect the public in ways they might never see.
With the link below, learn more about geotechnical consulting. Then answer the following questions.
- CareerCrate, Geotechnical Consultant (video): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WX7YnfV3iSo
- What sorts of organizations might a geotechnical consultant work for?
- What does a geotechnical consultant look for in the field?
- What tools do geotechnical consultants use for their work in the office?
- What should be in a good geotechnical consultants skill set?
- Why does the consultant in the video say that career opportunities in this field will be increasing?