Scientists R Us
Kids are scientists – every day. Some kids make major discoveries. A few kids win science fairs and get to meet the president!
Amazing But True!
- Caroline Moore is a citizen scientist. She was 15 years old when she made an important scientific discovery.
- Taylor Wilson built a nuclear fusion reactor in his garage when he was 14.
With the links below, learn more about two young scientists. Then answer the following questions.
- NOVA Ed, Caroline Moore – Teen Astronomer (video, watch to 3:20): http://video.pbs.org/video/1445097912/
- TED, Yup I built a nuclear fusion reactor: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9B0PaSznWJE
- What did Caroline Moore discover?
- How did Caroline Moore make her discovery?
- What are the two points that Taylor Wilson wants everyone to know?
- What does Taylor Wilson’s nuclear fusion reactor do?
- Does it Taylor Wilson’s reactor do everything that a nuclear fusion reactor should do to become an energy source?