Black Hole Music
A few things about black holes: Black holes are the monsters of the cosmos. They eat stars, but they don’t spit them out. If you entered a black hole, you would stretch out and die.
Why It Matters
- In the early-middle of the 20th century, black holes were only known mathematically.
- Although we can’t see black holes, there is a lot of evidence for their existence.
- Black holes form when a giant star runs out of fuel and collapses under its own weight.
- Nothing that enters a black hole can escape, including light.
- Black holes and singularities are at the edge of what modern science can understand.
- New observations have been made through the European Souther Observatory to provide evidence for a black hole in the Milky Way galaxy.
With the link below, learn more about black holes. Then answer the following questions.
- What happens to a star that gets too close to a black hole?
- What are the properties at the center of a black hole?
- How does a black hole destroy space?
- How many black holes are in the Milky Way Galaxy? Where are they?
- Where and what is a singularity?