Print a Panel
New 3-d printers can create a shape from a digital model. Lowered prices have resulted in these printers appearing in more places and with more different types of things being printed. Inventors are even printing small solar panels.
News You Can Use
- Solar panels are expensive and the cost is proportionately higher for smaller panels.
- Inventors created 3D printed solar panels using funding from a lot of strangers.
- They now have a company, the Solar Pocket Factory, you can buy a kit to power small electronic items.
Can You Apply It?
With the links below, learn more about printable solar panels. Then answer the following questions.
- Science Friday, Printing Solar Panels in the Backyard (video): http://www.sciencefriday.com/video/09/21/2012/printing-solar-panels-in-the-backyard.html
- Solar Pocket Factory website: http://solarpocketfactory.com/
- What are some applications for microsolar panels?
- Why are small panels relatively more expensive than large panels?
- How does a solar pocket factory work?
- What needs to be done to get enough power from the sollettes?
- How can supply drive demand?