RWA Perpendicular Bisectors
- Perpendicular Bisector
You need to find a location for a hospital that is located equal distance from three main areas of town. OR you need to find the best place to meet up with our friends so that every one travels and equal distance. How do you use angle bisectors to do this?
The Circumcenter (the 3 perpendicular bisectors of a triangle)
Read more here ... http://www.mathopenref.com/trianglecenters.html
The Fermat Point, the point that minimizes the sum of the distances from three points.
- Hospital Locator - http://illuminations.nctm.org/LessonDetail.aspx?id=L661
- Google Maps Meet up meeting spot locator - http://www.technologyintegrationineducation.com/profiles/blogs/geogebra-a-christmas-story
- Circumcenter Patty Paper
- Circumcenter - Journey to the Center of a Triangle
- Circumcenter - Journey to the Center of a Triangle: Answers!
- USA today Activity - http://education.ti.com/xchange/US/Math/Geometry/7507/BirthsTE.pdf