What's Your Type?
Use the resources below to answer the following questions:
- What do taxonomists study? How does this benefit other disciplines of biology?
- What is a holotype? Why are these extremely useful distinctions for scientists? What does it allow them to evaluate?
- Would you like to be a holotype? Why or why not?
- What are some of the problems researchers face in classifying organisms? How do scientists approach these problems?
- Once an organism is classified, is this classification set in stone? Why or why not?