Keep Your Spit To Yourself!
Tuberculosis was once thought to be on the path to extinction thanks to the development of new drugs. But no one told tuberculosis that, and now it's making a come back.
That Cough Is Worse News Than You Think
With dangerous strains of influenza being covered by the media, people are becoming more aware of the importance of cleanliness, and how to protect themselves from the flu. But did you know all the counter wipes and hand sanitizers in the world won't help you against some bacteria? Well, they won't.
- TB Or Not TB at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bhp0lFQimP4
- The Facts About Tuberculosis at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnimbqBx0Y4
Use the resources below to answer the following questions:
- How can someone catch tuberculosis? What are the most common symptoms?
- What can make a person more susceptible tuberculosis? How does this work?
- Are antibiotics effective against tuberculosis? Why or why not?
- What is Reactivation Tuberculosis? How does this work? What is the best way to guard against this sort of TB?
- Does everyone who contracts tuberculosis become sick? Why or why not?