How do you succeed in Angry Birds?
Have you ever played the game Angry Birds? If you have, you would notice how the birds have to be at the perfect angle in order to knock all of the obstacles down. The more obstacles that you knock down, the higher the score. Sometimes, you and your friend battle each other live. You hate it how your friend always gets a higher score than you.
In any case where you have an object launched at an angle undergoing projectile motion, you are trying to use the dimensions of velocity, displacement, time, and acceleration to try to determine where an object will land in a given time, using a combination of constant acceleration kinematics equations. It is the same method as solving projectile motion problems launched horizontally, except with an initial angle.
1. What are two possible things you must consider when you launch a bird?
2. If there are more obstacles in the level and they remain unstacked, what should you do with the bird in terms of launching it?
3. If all the obstacles are stacked, what should you do with the bird in terms of launching it?
4. You have reached a level where you have a mansion to knock down, what should you do with the bird in terms of launching it?
5. Let’s say that the bird is on a cliff, how would you launch it differently if you are on the same level as the last problem?