Grouped Videogame Data
Find the mean of grouped video game data
- Grouped Data
How do you find the mean of grouped data? Why and when is it usual to have data in groups?
Many times the data from surveys is grouped according to different factors: age, usage, time, etc. You can see this in the following tables representing the percentage of gamers by age. The first table represents that data for new gamers, people who only played for less than two years. The second table represents data for established gamers, people who played for more than two years. The data was collected from,
Analyze the tables above and then answer the following questions:
- Find the mean age of new gamers.
- Find the mean age of established gamers.
- What are the benefits of grouping data?
- What are the disadvantages of grouping data?
Connections to other CK-12 Subject Areas
- Ungrouped Data to Find the Mean
- Frequency Polygons