Student Behavioral Objectives
The student will:
- describe how covalent bonds form.
- explain the difference between ionic and covalent bond formation and structure.
- state the relationship between molecular stability and bond strength.
- identify pairs of atoms that will form covalent bonds.
- draw Lewis structures for simple covalent molecules.
- identify sigma and pi bonds in a Lewis structure.
- describe (chemistry) resonance.
- explain the equivalent bond strengths in a resonance situation.
Timing, Standards, Activities
Timing and California Standards
Number of 60 min periods
The Covalent Bond
2a, 2b, 2e
Activities for Lesson 1
Answers for The Covalent Bond (L1) Review Questions
Sample answers to these questions are available upon request. Please send an email to email@example.com to request sample answers.
Having trouble? Report an issue.
|Please Sign In to create your own Highlights / Notes|
Files can only be attached to the latest version of section