You are reading an older version of this FlexBook® textbook: Chemistry - Second Edition Teacher's Edition
Go to the latest version.
Student Behavioral Objectives
- The student will explain the basic behavior and characteristics of solids and liquids using the molecule arrangement present in liquids.
- The students will describe the molecular arrangement in solids.
- The students will use the molecular arrangement in solids to explain the incompressibility of solids.
- The students will use the molecular arrangement in solids to explain the low rate of diffusion in solids.
- The students will use the molecular arrangement in solids to explain the ability of solids to maintain their shape and volume.
Timing, Standards, Activities
Timing and California Standards
Number of 60 min periods
Properties of Solids and Liquids
Activities for Lesson 1
Answers for Properties of Solids and Liquids (L1) Review Questions
Sample answers to these questions are available upon request. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request sample answers.
Files can only be attached to the latest version of section
Contribute a better translation