Student Behavioral Objectives
- The students will give definitions and examples of fission and fusion.
- The students will classify nuclear reactions as fission or fusion.
- Given a nuclear equation with one species missing, the student will be able to correctly fill in the missing particle.
- Students will write balanced equations for nuclear transmutations.
Timing, Standards, Activities
Timing and California Standards
Number of 60 min periods
1f, 11b, 11c
Activities for Lesson 5
1. Nuclear Equations Worksheet
Answers for Nuclear Equations (L5) Review Questions
Sample answers to these questions are available upon request. Please send an email to email@example.com to request sample answers.