Student Behavioral Objectives
The student will:
- explain the difference between physical and chemical properties of matter.
- list examples of physical properties.
- list examples of chemical properties.
- classify properties as chemical properties or physical properties.
- explain the difference between physical and chemical changes in matter.
- list examples of physical changes.
- list examples of chemical changes.
- classify changes as physical changes or chemical changes.
Timing, Standards, Activities
Timing and California Standards
Number of 60 min periods
Properties and Changes of Matter
Activities for Lesson 2
1. Chemical and Physical Changes
1. Separating Mixtures: Extracting Iron from Breakfast Cereral
1. Elements, Compounds, and Mixtures Worksheet
Answers for Properties and Changes of Matter (L2) Review Questions
Sample answers to these questions are available upon request. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request sample answers.