Student Behavioral Objectives
The student will:
- explain the Periodic Law.
- explain how the periodic table is arranged in terms of the Periodic Law.
- describe the differences among metals, nonmetals, and metalloids.
- draw a rough sketch of the modern periodic table, and indicate the portion of the table occupied by metals, nonmetals, and metalloids.
- identify the stair-step line that separates the metallic elements from the nonmetallic ones.
- compare the properties of metals, nonmetals, and metalloids.
Timing, Standards, Activities
Timing and California Standards
Number of 60 min periods
The Periodic Table
Activities for Lesson 1
Answers for The Periodic Table (L1) Review Questions
Sample answers to these questions are available upon request. Please send an email to email@example.com to request sample answers.
Files can only be attached to the latest version of section