Student Behavioral Objectives
The student will:
- draw the orbital representation for selected atoms.
- write the electron configuration code for selected atoms.
- identify the principal, angular momentum, magnetic, and spin quantum numbers.
- identify the four quantum numbers for indicated electrons.
- identify the energy level, sub-energy level, orbital, and spin for an electron given the four quantum numbers for the electron
Timing, Standards, Activities
Timing and California Standards
Number of 60 min periods
Activities for Lesson 1
1. Orbital Configuration Worksheet
2. Quantum Numbers Worksheet
Answers for Electron Arrangement (L1) Review Questions
Sample answers to these questions are available upon request. Please send an email to email@example.com to request sample answers.