Student Behavioral Objectives
- The students will state the information contained in the atomic number of a nucleus.
- The students will state the information contained in the mass number of a nucleus.
- The students will subtract the atomic number from the mass number to determine the number of neutrons in a nucleus.
- Students will read and write complete nuclear symbols (know the structure of the symbols and understand the information contained in them).
Timing, Standards, Activities
Timing and California Standards
Number of 60 min periods
Activities for Lesson 2
1. Nuclear Notation Worksheet
Answers for Nuclear Notation (L2) Review Questions
Sample answers to these questions are available upon request. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request sample answers.