You are reading an older version of this FlexBook® textbook: Chemistry - Second Edition Teacher's Edition
Go to the latest version.
Student Behavioral Objectives
The student will:
- list some naturally occurring isotopes of elements that are radioactive.
- describe the three most common emissions during natural nuclear decay.
- express the changes in the atomic number and mass number of radioactive nuclei when an alpha particle is emitted.
- express the changes in the atomic number and mass number of radioactive nuclei when a beta particle is emitted.
- express the changes in the atomic number and mass number of radioactive nuclei when a gamma ray is emitted.
- express that protons and neutrons are not indivisible and are composed of particles called quarks.
- express the number of quarks that make up a proton or neutron.
Timing, Standards, Activities
Timing and California Standards
Number of 60 min periods
11d, 11e, 11g
Activities for Lesson 4
Answers for Nuclear Disintegration (L4) Review Questions
Sample answers to these questions are available upon request. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request sample answers.
Files can only be attached to the latest version of None
ShareThis Copy and Paste
Contribute a better translation