Student Behavioral Objectives
The student will:
- state Le Châtelier’s Principle.
- demonstrate on specified chemical reactions how Le Châtelier’s Principle is applied to equilibrium systems.
- describe the effect of concentration on an equilibrium system.
- demonstrate with specific equations how Le Châtelier’s Principle explains the effect of concentration.
- describe the effect of pressure as a stress on the equilibrium position.
- describe the pressure effect in Le Châtelier’s Principle.
- describe the effect of temperature as a stress on an equilibrium system.
- explain how Le Châtelier’s principle explains the effect of temperature.
- explain how a catalyst works in equilibrium reactions.
- explain the effect of a catalyst in equilibrium positions.
Timing, Standards, Activities
Timing and California Standards
Number of 60 min periods
The Effect of Applying Stress to Reactions at Equilibrium
Activities for Lesson 3
1. Solution Equilibria Lab
1. Equilibrium Between Nitrogen Dioxide and Dinitrogen Tetroxide
1. Le Chatelier's Principle Worksheet
Answers for The Effect of Applying Stress to Reactions at Equilibrium (L3) Review Questions
Sample answers to these questions are available upon request. Please send an email to email@example.com to request sample answers.