You are reading an older version of this FlexBook® textbook: Chemistry - Second Edition Teacher's Edition
Go to the latest version.
Student Behavioral Objectives
The student will:
- define and give an example of a buffer.
- explain the effect of a strong acid or base on a buffer system.
- explain the mechanism by which a buffer solution resists changes in pH.
- given appropriate information, calculate the pH of a buffer.
- describe how to make a buffer solution.
Timing, Standards, Activities
Timing and California Standards
Number of 60 min periods
Activities for Lesson 3
1. Buffers Worksheet
Answers for Buffers (L3) Review Questions
Sample answers to these questions are available upon request. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request sample answers.
Files can only be attached to the latest version of None
Contribute a better translation